January 29, 2014 by bluerosegirl08
The Wednesday Hodgepodge is a weekly blog link up hosted at From This Side of the Pond. Questions are posted Tuesday night and the linkup happens on Wednesday. The more the merrier!
1 Its been said a small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that’s true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What’s something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what’s something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
I believe positive thinking can only have positive effects, what those effects are and when they show up is often a mystery. That being said there are some mornings I miss the boat entirely.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend…are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I used to sing in my high school choir (not the one that went to competitions) so I’m not awful but I would rather not be singing in front of people by myself.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day…what’s something you’ve found puzzling recently?
Why people think it is acceptable to ask strangers very personal questions, I use a wheelchair and I’ve been asked questions ranging from what did my mom do during pregnancy that caused my disability to do I have the ability to carry children myself and everything in between in a grocery store.
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search…what’s your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one? My grandma and great aunt love jigsaw puzzles and in spite of the distance that has grown between us as we’ve both gotten older some of my fondest memories are working puzzles with my grandma.. It was one of the few forms of occupational or”hand” therapy that I didn’t develop a dislike for. I also like crosswords a lot but not being able to write easily puts a damper on them. I love Scrabble though.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she’s not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Yes and no. Are women allowed to do things like vote, own property, and work outside the home if we want? Yes . Do we get equal pay and/or equal recognition as men doing the same job? Often not. Should women view their XX as handicap? I don’t think so. Different perspectives can lead to unique solutions to problems.. Do I think women who choose to have a career have a right to feel superior over those who choose to be homemakers Absolutely not . It isn’t ok for homemakers to sneer at women with careers either. It takes all kinds to make up the world.
6. What’s a product you’ve noticed in the grocery store that you’d like to try, but haven’t yet?
7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th). Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here’s a link to a character list if you need help on this one.
The Cheshire Cat, just to see if I could hold an entire conversation in rhyme
8. Yesterday was my moms birthday. My mother is by no means a perfect person but the older I get the more I realize that she is the perfect mom for me and the best thing I can hope for is any kids I have would saw the same of me when they are grown.