1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year’s Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good? I don’t get to bowl half as often as I wish I could and therefore I’m not as good as I’d like to be.
2. Should sports stars be role models? I think that although it’s possible to choose role role for ourselves it isn’t possible to choose the people others view as role models. I think that athletes (whether they are currently well known enough to be called stars or not ) should always be aware that there is very likely someone modeling some aspect of their behavior and strive to be worthy of it.
3. January is National Oatmeal month…are you a fan? How do you like your oats? I am not not an oatmeal fan though given a choice between eating oatmeal or grits I will choose oatmeal every time. When I do eat oatmeal it’s with lots of brown sugar.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014
Sometime this year I’d like to re read/finish reading Mary Poppins…… on a related note Saving Mr. Banks is awesome
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self? “Life us too short to be afraid.”
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while? Oh boy I can’t pick just one so here’s a short list in no particular order. Finding Forrester, Darby O’Gill and the Little People, RENT, Something the Lord Made
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
Platform shoes and pre ripped jeans
8. Last week while riding the bus I saw a man with those extra saggy pants another Hodgepodge participant. mentioned The bus driver asked the man if he knew what kind of message he was sending( referring to the fact that that particular trend started in prison) and the the man responded with,”yes I’m going back there in a few months why should I dress differently?”I am still baffled.
The Wednesday Hodgepodge is a weekly blog link up/ meme hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Come join the fun!