The Wednesday Hodgepodge is a weekly meme hosted by From This Side of the Pond.
1.What makes love last?
Remembering details…I’m not talking about dates necessarily although remembering anniversaries etc. are important to lots of people I’m talking about remembering how your significant other likes their coffee/tea, their favorite snack etc. And laughter, there is no such thing as too much laughter.
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what’s your favorite Beatles tune? Yes I am The Beatles song Richard Dreyfus sings for his son in Mr. Holland’s Opus, I can never remember the name of it.3. Valentine’s Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
I think Valentines has become overly commercial and couples centric,there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship but its fine to be single too. My father used to buy a single red rose each for my sister and I as well as my mom for a dollar at a gas station for Valentines day(yes, they were real roses). I think Valentines Day would be better if society put less emphasis on romantic love and focus on the other forms of love. I think February 14th is the perfect day for random acts of kindness.
4. Steak or burger…you have to choose. Now that that’s settled, how do you like it?
Steak, medium, with stuffed mushroom caps, caramelized onions and melted cheese
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, ‘Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.‘ Do you agree? Why or why not? Power does show us the best or worst in people and I think the reason for is that power opens opportunities for a person that they may not have had otherwise.6. Honest Abe’s image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I’m wondering…what do you do with your pennies (or your country’s equivalent)? It’s been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
I would like to get a five gallon bucket and fill it with pennies and when its full send the money to UNICEF. Repeat. I’m not really sure what good eliminating one cent pieces would accomplish.
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
Yes because pop culture has a direct impact on us. If you don’t believe me look at how slang evokes.
8. The snow has finally turned us loose (for now) Perhaps Spring really is coming..Shirley Temple you will be missed. You may be the reason my sister started dancing.